its been awhile but im back

Discussion in 'Close Encounters' started by Maniackilla32, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Maniackilla32 Spirit

Message Count:
    Hey its been years since I've posted here largely because well not much has happened as far as the paranormal goes. That has recently changed so I thought I would come back here and share. So here's a bit of background. During the last year I began to have extremely bad luck. I will spare you the details in a attempt to not sound whinny.

Now onto the curious events that gave me the inclination to post here today. First off it started small like I would find the thermostat turned all the way down to a ridiculous degree. Then I had the usual misplacement of every day things keys,shoes ect. I would look and look only to find said object back in their place some time later. As recently as last night I went to enter my restroom and the doorknob slid right out. Upon further inspection I found the screws that held it together had been taken out and rescrewed in to the inner part so far that the knob could be slid back on but not actually attracted.

Now all that stuff very well could have a logical explanation but this next one is what is freaking me out. There is a creekin the woods behind my apartments that I often walk my dog in. Last night my dog refused to go down the path that leads there. He's very large (over150) so when he goes stationery its very difficult to move him. So I take his leash off and walk into the woods a bit to show him its OK. I glace up into the trees above me only to SSE a very large black mass jumping from tree to tree towards the creek. By this time my dog is right by my side and ready to attack. I high tailed it out of there. If you know me from before you know I've seen this entity before many years ago when I was a teenager.

The last thing that has been going on is my dreams have been very vivid.not like nightmares or anything but ivebeen suffering from a phenomenon called false awakening. This is when one essentially wakes up into another dream. You are unaware you are still dreaming because your surroundings are your own home. This will happen 4-5 times in succession so often I am uncertain what is dream and what is reality. When I'm in these dreams there is a uneasy feeling like something unseen is there. Its dark and light switches don't work but I proceed to do my daily routine of getting something to drink getting dressed etc. Until I see a black mass in which time I either wake up for real or into another false awakening.

The black mass is sort of a misty cloud about 3-4 ft in diameter. I've glimpsed it about 3 times over the years and always shrugged it off as optical illusions and such. Well that's really all I have for now hope I didn't ramble to much. Thanks for reading cheers
    Returned likes this.
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Well Hello and Welcome back!

And yeah, I do think I remember your talking about this black thing eons ago.. How curious that it vanished for a bit only to pop up again when it is least welcome. Given that the dog reacted dramatically to this entity lends credibility to the fact that you did not imagine it. Animals live in the here and now, and are not subject to flights of imagination.

The false awakening phenomenon is scary.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakening. I cannot imagine how confusing and frightening that can be. I wonder if it is related to the Hypnopompic state, that truly altered state in which the person is in the nether consciousness between sleeping and awake, and is subjected to all manner of frightening hallucinations. They hear their names being called, doorbells and phones ringing; smell all manner of things that shouldn't be there, and of course not least, they see ghosts.

The misplacing of everyday items is simply annoying. It could be the work of a playful spirit or something else. Or it could be related to your black thing.

Have you shared this with anyone versed in these things?

M!
  3. Maniackilla32 Spirit

Message Count:
    Murlag great to hear from you! Thanks for responding :) I really didn't know who else to tell so I figured I'd post it here and see what I came up with. As of now I haven't seen the black thing since I posted. But I also don't go stomping around the woods at night anymore. The misplacement of my personal items does continue to be a problem. Lastly the false awakening issue is increasingly getting more severe I feel extremely unrested all the time as a result of it.
  4. Returned Spirit

Message Count:

Welcome back to GhostPlace!

. . . You mentioned a period without much happening; it raises a question or two about what might have happened recently to upset a sort of routine – mundane few years since last you posted.

I thought your experience with your hound and the “woods” nearby of note. It’s possible that that area may be or have something related to past incidents and now haunting. “Watchers,” what people of generations past have called these dark shadow figures are also found in folklore where woodlands have had watchers (shadow people) seen in and around these places related to a haunting. It might sound coincidental, but sometimes shadow people have been associated with bouts of bad luck not necessarily the cause. What is not known for sure is whether they’re the cause or merely the messenger in their form. It’s bad enough that people have bad luck, but then to have these stranger than fiction episodes accompanied with ethereal like manifestations adds to the drama a theatre movie lacks.

The intelligence behind these figurines remains a mystery despite a few linked patterns that have a few things common in each event reported by witnesses. Recent events may have turbulent emotions associated with the bad luck you suggest you had and they (shadowy mass) have coincidentally appeared. Messenger or foe, I don’t know, but keep track of events as you may arrive at a means to steer a better course that’s clearer. Likewise, with the dreams – keep track of them, too. Dreams, in all manner and form, are symbolic of and for the dreamer. The persons (animals), places, and things have something symbolic to represent the dreamer. Often they have multiple layers – Possibly, why there seems to be a dream within a dream like experience.

At any rate, consider what transpired over the years from GhostPlace, for instance - There might be some connection that helps in evaluating your present situation - Worth a try, anyway. I might suggest also expecting change to occur in the interim, as it is usually the case from a linear frame of reference.

Keep us posted

Safe journey evaluating your present situation and steering a clearer course
  5. Maniackilla32 Spirit

Message Count:
    Thanks for your input returned
  6. seen apon a time Spirit

Message Count:
  7. Maniackilla32 Spirit

Message Count:
    Thank you!
    seen apon a time likes this.