Ouija Boards

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Acidus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. seen apon a time Spirit

Message Count:
    super scary :0
  2. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Handmade ones I collect, mind you the wordd is collect, as piecess of "art", use them?, never gonna happen. I have had too many friends that did and things got real nasty, very quickly. they are not a toy and should be treated as aa deadly weapon, which in the wrong hands, could prove to be just that.
  3. Conrad Wraith

Message Count:
    I'm just curious to know what you think about the use of Tarot Cards?
  4. Frater Arion Wraith

Message Count:
    What about them? They are a form of divination if used properly, just like a Ouija board. Otherwise, they are just a deck of cards. Where as I've heard of Ouija boards doing weird things if not used properly, I've never heard of anyone using Tarot and having a bad experience, maybe some unwanted revelations, but never anything dangerous or bizarre.

-Fr. A.
  5. Conrad Wraith

Message Count:
    Same here. I never heard of anyone experiencing any adverse side effects from using Tarot Cards. I appreciate your reply!
  6. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    No issue with the "cards", some are quite collectable and the raree, very old ones, are very, very, expensive. I play with some I have and some of my close friends like me to see what is ahead for them, but I'm not a "die-hard' card user. Crystal ball work is fun but it can be BORING until you get the "hang of it".:confused:
  7. Paradice Wraith

Message Count:
    How do u close the door after u use the bord? Isn't there any thing u need to chant or say to close any portals after your done just in case?
    pkaz likes this.
  8. Frater Arion Wraith

Message Count:
    A banishing wouldn't hurt. There's tons of different ways to banish, depending on your religious beliefs.

For those of Abrahamic faith, Psalm 51 is a good banishing, if you want something more ritualized the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram is always an option, I know of a particularly good solar banishing for those familiar with energy work. As well as a few for the pagans out there, Sumerian banishings, planetary banishings, hoodoo cleansings, etc. All useful under different circumstances.

But for just closing a Ouija board, I think chanting 51 would be fine, as long as you aren't opposed to it.
  9. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Better still, just don't buy one.
  10. White Mist Ghost

Message Count:
    Ouija Stories are some of my favorite. Mainly because of how intense things build up to be in some of them. I have never used let alone seen one. I doubt i would ever use one though.

But you never know!
  11. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Lot's of "banishing spells", assuming you know what might have come across on the "back" of another "thing"...thingd can get busy and not all that are allowed across behave while here, the nice ones that is. Best thing is to not invite any over, though even using the 'board' makes it open to anything that wants to come here. Best thing to do regardless of how "good you are at the craft", is to simply leave it alone. As if folks pay us any attention...oh well.:confused:
  12. Amber L. Wraith

Message Count:
    ANY work with spirits requires you to first shield yourself. Quija Boards, scrying, tarot - any type of scrying/divining arts call spirits to where you are. Sometimes they arent good, or are mischievous and misbehave. Most of the spirits Ive encountered are decent but when they realize they have the upper hand in your life they tend to try to get a rise out of the living - when youre mad or scared or sad your energy level rises and they really like their energy.

In a book I was reading a woman who could see spirits as clear as the living went to the movie theater. While she was waiting for the movie to begin she saw a young male spirit hanging out at the end of the entrance ramp to the stadium. She watched him for some time and watch him as he tripped (not slamming them to the ground, just making their toe 'catch' on the rug and stumble) several people to get a short energy surge. When it came to an approaching elderly company she got his attention and - with no words - literally gave him the 'yea I can see you, cut it out' death glare and the young man sheepishly moved on.

It doesnt matter if the spirit is an old woman, a child, or an adult if youre going into that situation you need to realize you are 1. playing with fire and 2. you better have a shield and a plan B for when things go pear shaped.

As Spirit Chaser said - Unless you 110% know what you're doing, leave it alone!
    pkaz likes this.
  13. Xx_Confusion_xX Spirit

Message Count:
    Still collecting old ones? ;)

My dad actually purchased me one that glowed in the dark when I was about 12 years old or so. My father has always been a skeptic against anything paranormal, but supported my interest in the occult and helped me a lot in my collection. I think he just saw it as another board game that just happened to indulge his daughter's interest.

My mother on the other hand burned it, lol.
  14. Azreal Spirit

Message Count:
    Ouija Boards are easy to make always did them on Paper and burnt them afterwards just to be on the safe side.. Did have a problem once how she kept us on the board and kept saying things like near earth and "On Earth" could actually feel her behind me and how the beaker would twist as she was walking around the room.. Anyway she managed to flip the beaker over.. Had a lot of haunting out of it and never used them again
    Welshbabe likes this.
  15. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

The bottom line here is that these communication tools are not toys, even though Parker Bros manufactures and peddles them as such. Of course a Ouija Board can be made in minutes with nothing more than a piece of something on which to write letters and numbers, an instrument to write them, and a glass or some other such thing to slide around. Just as effective and just as deadly.

While I have read dozens of frightening and negative experiences triggered by messing with these boards, I have never read or heard a positive account! Personally, I would not have one in my house!

M!
    Welshbabe likes this.
  16. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    "Cards" are interesting due to s many artistic interprtations of the characters cited and I do "play" with them, Nice to collect but I don't use them. No, I am not ging to 'rant and rave" about "boards". Been there, said my peace about them. Still feel the same way.
    MurLag likes this.